Like Mr. La Tournous says (over and over again) "Winter is the best season for camping -- except for all the others." We're pretty sure he's mostly kidding, but whatever he thinks, the Scouts who braved this year's Klondike had a blast: an Arctic blast. Even with 4-degree nights and ground so frozen they could barely get their tent stakes in the ground, Troop 200 heated up the weekend with great Scout skills, amazing teamwork, culinary delights and corny skits.
We'll have a full trip report soon, but in the meantime, check out this photo gallery.
- '15 Ways to Fix Everything With Duct Tape'
- Welcome to Washington Crossing Council
- Boys Life video shows how to use a map and compass
- 'Be the Church Day' painting project at Union Township Municipal Building
- Register for Summer Camp Merit Badges online
- New Jersey Scouts help rescue NBC journalist Ann Curry
- Trip Report: Buhler Challenger and Science Center
- Announcement from Central New Jersey Council
- Mike Rowe talks Scouting
- New details on the rollout of using One Oath and Law in all programs
- Follow the Summer Camp action with Troop 200 on our special Summer Camp Update page
- Troop 200 spirit heats up a frigid Klondike Derby
- BSA Chief visits Newtown, presents Spirit of the Eagle Award to Tiger Cubs' parents
- Trip Report: Soaring Eagles Patrol Camping Trip to High Point State Park
- Troop Scouts visit historic Trenton, talk Scouting to locals