Training gives leaders the knowledge and confidence they need to help boys get the most out of the scouting program. All of Troop 200's leaders are expected to be trained and we are committed to providing the resources they need. Here are some links and information to get you started.
The involvement of all our parents and adult leaders is essential to a successful program for our boys. Training is required for all leadership positions -- here's what you need to know to ensure your son gets the most out of his scouting experience. If you require training and need help in determining what you need and/or how to get it, please contact Mr. La Tournous.
For all leaders (Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmasters, Committee Members, Merit Badge Counselors, Eagle Candidate Advisers, etc.):
- Boy Scout Fast Start Leader Training (Available online)
- This is Scouting (available online; replaces New Leader Essentials)
- Youth Protection (available online; must be renewed every two years)
- Protecting God's Children (Online registration available here. This training course, along with fingerprinting and background check, is required by our Chartering Organization for all adults in our troop who have contact with scouts. No exceptions.)
- Leader-Specific Training (Training requirements vary depending on your position; please see below or contact Mr. La Tournous for details.)
Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmasters:
- Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster Leader Specific Training (Required)
- Introduction to Outdoor Skills (Required)
- Woodbadge for the 21st Century (Highly Recommended)
- Troop Committee Challenge (available online)
- Submit Completed Application for Council Approval (Please see Mrs. La Tournous)
- An online training course is available here.
Instructions for Registering for Protecting God's Children Classroom Session and Fingerprinting
To register for PGC go to: www.DioMetuchen.org . Click on the 'Virtus sessions' box on the bottom left. Once on Virtus.org, find a PGC class and click 'Start Registration'.
To register for the VRO, first complete and submit a criminal background application to the ICC Parish Office. Once the application has been approved, go to www.bioapplicant.com/nj and register online for fingerprint submission as follows:
- Click on for new applicants "Start Here"
- Fill in the blanks as follows: Most of this information will be auto populated on your printed form.
- Form Box 1: NJ9206102 Youth Servicing Organization
- Form Box 2: YSB
- Form Box 3-4: Youth Serving Organization
- Form Box 5: VB1 Fed and State Cards
- Form Box 7: MET003
- Click "Continue". This will take you to the next page. You are on your way to providing the necessary personal information to schedule your fingerprinting appointment.
- '15 Ways to Fix Everything With Duct Tape'
- Welcome to Washington Crossing Council
- Boys Life video shows how to use a map and compass
- 'Be the Church Day' painting project at Union Township Municipal Building
- Register for Summer Camp Merit Badges online
- New Jersey Scouts help rescue NBC journalist Ann Curry
- Trip Report: Buhler Challenger and Science Center
- Announcement from Central New Jersey Council
- Mike Rowe talks Scouting
- New details on the rollout of using One Oath and Law in all programs
- Follow the Summer Camp action with Troop 200 on our special Summer Camp Update page
- Troop 200 spirit heats up a frigid Klondike Derby
- BSA Chief visits Newtown, presents Spirit of the Eagle Award to Tiger Cubs' parents
- Trip Report: Soaring Eagles Patrol Camping Trip to High Point State Park
- Troop Scouts visit historic Trenton, talk Scouting to locals